Director of Sales and Marketing
Hotel Saranac, Saranac Lake, NY
Posted March 15, 2016
Overview: This is a unique opportunity to open and manage the sales and marketing effort for a historic hotel that our company is repositioning and branding as a luxury boutique hospitality experience in the heart of the beautiful Adirondack region. The hotel includes 100 incredible guestrooms and suites supported by an upscale restaurant and banquet operation, a day spa, lobby prohibition concept bar, gift shop and local package experiences that are authentic to the Adirondack region.
Purpose of the Position: To provide the expertise and entrepreneurial spirit to develop, implement and manage the sales and marketing function to maximize the revenue performance of the hotel, meeting and catering outlets through the successful implementation of a targeted sales and marketing effort.
Location: Hotel Saranac, Saranac Lake, NY
Company Overview: To provide the expertise and entrepreneurial spirit to develop, implement and manage the sales and marketing function to maximize the revenue performance of the hotel, meeting and catering outlets through the successful implementation of a targeted sales and marketing effort.
Position Summary: The candidate will contribute to the profitability of the Company by effectively developing and managing the Sales and Marketing process for the Hotel Saranac. The candidate will represent the Hotel Saranac as the lead team member to prospect, negotiate and close on business opportunities to exceed revenue objectives. In addition, the candidate must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, exhibit an urgency to get things done and demonstrate outstanding leadership and drive.
- Identify, qualify, negotiate and close on all leads to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Exceed room revenue and meeting/catering targets by month and year and have room revenue market growth that exceeds comp set RevPAR performance.
- Develop, implement and manage the room revenue and catering sales plans by market segment and marketing plan budgets to support achieving revenue goals.
- Create packages that deliver the Adirondack experience to our guests.
- Build and lead cohesive sales team with unified goals to exceed revenue targets.
- Monitor and report monthly on sales and marketing objectives as outlined in the annual plan.
- Serve as our face in the community to successfully represent the hotel at civic and business events in a professional manner.
- Execute the operations for booked business, generating proposals, contracts and customer correspondence.
- Provide revenue forecasts and pace reports for the hotel and catering business.
- Manage all electronic distribution channels to achieve superior revenue results.
- Adhere to the company policies and procedures 100% of the time.
- Be an active and engaged member of the hotel operating teams to exceed individual and team performance standards.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor every day.
- Manage the employee development process for hotel sales team and continually coach and develop direct reports to improve performance.
- Maintain knowledge of the competitors and report on market changes that can impact the performance of the hotel.
Requirements include having a minimum of five years full-service hotel experience as a Director of Sales and Marketing with a high quality hotel, restaurant, banquet, and catering sales organization.
Experience with an independent boutique and/or seasonal destination resort a plus.
Possess the qualifications; and provide backup references of having managed the sales and marketing effort for a full service and/or boutique independent hotel that achieved a superior RevPAR without the benefit of a national brand flag a plus.
Must have proven skills in revenue management and a strong understanding of all electronic distribution channels.
Must have experience analyzing and managing responses to all social media web sites, involved in guest service reporting for the Hospitality Industry.
Must have a verifiable record of strong community active involvement.
Must have experience in overseeing the development and generation of a yearly sales and marketing plan as part of the overall business plan, to include the rooms division top line revenue as well as restaurant, meeting and catering top line revenue.
Must be able to provide concrete examples of past performance in lead generation process, market segment performance, account tracking process, marketing program initiatives and actual performance results vs. past sales and marketing plans.
Thorough knowledge of the Adirondack region market, its critical market drivers, assets and challenges, and knowledge of the market competitors a plus.
Must have a working knowledge of Windows XP or newer, Work, Excel and Outlook
We offer Competitive Pay, Performance Bonus Program, 401K Program, Health subsidy, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance. Roedel Companies is proud to be part of the “Drug Free Workplace” program with ADP Total Source.