Hotel General Manager
Hotel Saranac, Saranac Lake, NY
Posted March 15, 2016
Overview: This is a unique opportunity to open and manage a historic hotel that our company is repositioning and branding as a luxury boutique hospitality experience in the heart of the beautiful Adirondack region. The hotel includes 100 incredible guestrooms and suites supported by an upscale restaurant and banquet operation, a day spa, lobby prohibition concept bar, gift shop and local package experiences that are authentic to the Adirondack region.
Purpose of the Position: To provide the leadership for the hospitality team to maximize the financial performance of the hotel and food and beverage outlets by delivering memorable guest service experiences, an outstanding product offering and supporting a positive work environment for all team members that results in always exceeding our guests expectations.
Company Overview: Roedel Companies, LLC Headquartered in New Hampshire, is an integrated hotel company that manages, develops and invests in hotels that deliver consistent high performance. We are committed to providing an exceptional employment, guest and investor experience by creating a company culture driven by bright, energetic, passionate people with clear direction and accountability, guided by our Company’s Core Values.
Position Summary: The candidate will contribute to the profitability of the Company by effectively managing the operation of the Hotel Saranac, a Full Service independent boutique Hotel; to assure optimum performance in the following Key Result Areas: Guest Service, First Class Condition, Free Cash Flow, Asset Protection, Revenue Production and Employee Development. The candidate must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, exhibit an urgency to get things done and demonstrate outstanding leadership. The General Manager must be able to delegate responsibilities, organize and establish priorities and manage the staff and hotel operations to meet all established performance standards.
- Exceed room revenue, food and beverage revenue and other revenue outlet targets by month and year-to-date and be the number one RevPar ranking within the comp set.
- Assist with the development and concur on all plan objectives to meet budgeted top line revenue for both room revenue, food and beverage and other revenue outlets.
- Develop, implement, monitor and manage a comprehensive sales and marketing program that results in maximizing the revenue opportunity for all profit centers at the hotel.
- Supervise and manage the performance of all hotel departments to exceed guest expectations for product and service and achieve all profitability objectives of the hotel.
- Build and lead a cohesive team with unified goals to exceed guest expectations and achieve company performance standards.
- Manage and control all operating expense line items and operating expenditures within budget.
- Monitor and report monthly on all Key Result Areas and provide the analysis to support the corrective actions to close operational gaps to meet operating objectives.
- Implement and manage internal training and monitoring processes to ensure guest service scores and first class condition ratings are consistently above 90% for all measured categories.
- Manage the development of the annual budget and business planning process for all hotel profit centers.
- Be actively involved in the community in a leadership role.
- Adhere to the company policies and procedures 100% of the time.
- Be the driver with an entrepreneurial spirit that creates engaged hotel operating teams to exceed all operating targets.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor every day.
- Manage the employee development process for the hotel teams and continually coach and develop direct reports to continuously improve performance and identify team members for recognition and advancement.
Requirements include having a minimum of five years Full-Service Hotel General Manager experience, with a high quality restaurant, catering and sales organization.
Experience with an independent boutique and/or seasonal destination resort a plus.
Possess the qualifications; and provide backup references of having managed the sales and marketing effort for a full service and/or boutique independent hotel that achieved a superior RevPAR without the benefit of a national brand flag a plus.
Must have a solid record of profit and loss responsibility and proof of managing to exceed objectives by line item. Must have the analytical ability to identify gaps and create action plans to close gaps to achieve House Profit/ Flow Through goals as detailed in the operating budget.
Must have a strong and verifiable background in maintaining a hotel property in first class condition, overseeing the maintenance department and housekeeping to achieve high operating product standards within budget guidelines.
Verifiable background in food and beverage with retail restaurant outlets and banquet/catering experience.
Must have a verifiable record of community active involvement.
Thorough knowledge of the Adirondack region market, its critical market drivers, assets and challenges, and knowledge of the market competitors a plus.
Must have a working knowledge of Windows XP or newer, Work, Excel and Outlook.
We offer Competitive Pay, Performance Bonus Program, 401K Program, Health subsidy, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance. Roedel Companies is proud to be part of the “Drug Free Workplace” program with ADP Total Source.