RGH Corporate Director of Sales
Overview: This is an opportunity to lead the sales effort for multi branded hotels andevent centers to achieve revenue objectives.
Purpose of the Position: To provide the expertise, drive and entrepreneurial spirit to assist in the continued development and management of the hotel sales teams to maximize the revenue performance of hotels and meeting/catering outlets through the successful implementation and execution of a targeted sales effort.
Location: Wilton, NH, with travel to hotels.
Company Overview: Roedel Companies, LLC Headquartered in New Hampshire, is an integrated hotel company that manages, develops and invests in hotels that deliver consistent high performance. We are committed to providing an exceptional employment, guest and investor experience by creating a company culture driven by bright, energetic, passionate people with clear direction and accountability, guided by our Company’s Core Values.
The candidate will contribute to the profitability of the Company by effectively developing, managing and executing the sales process for RGH Hospitality, LLC, and leading the local sales teams to exceed revenue objectives. The ideal candidate has full service multi-unit sales management experience, with knowledge and training in revenue management tools used by the brands, and can assist teams with short and long term selling strategies. The candidate has a strong track record of exceeding sales targets and leading sales teams to leading the market in RevPAR in a multi hotel environment. In addition, the candidate must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, exhibit an urgency to get things done and demonstrate outstanding leadership and drive.
- Assist the hotel and event center Directors of Sales to exceed room revenue and meeting/catering targets by month and year and have room revenue market growth that exceeds comp set RevPAR performance.
- Assist the hotel and event center Directors of Sales in development of the room revenue and catering sales plans by market segment and assist with the development of the marketing plan and budgets to support achieving revenue goals.
- Assist the hotel and event center Directors of Sales in the process to close on new business to meet the revenue objectives.
- Build and lead cohesive sales team and ensure the processes are in place to exceed revenue targets.
- Monitor and report monthly on sales objectives as outlined in the annual business plans.
- Assist teams with targeting accounts for short and long term selling strategies.
- Work with Director of Revenue Management to ensure that revenue management strategies are in place to maximize RevPAR at each hotel.
- Work with the Director of Marketing, as a sales team member, to suggest targeted marketing to assist the hotels in exceeding revenue objectives.
- Travel to individual properties on a monthly basis to conduct sales meetings, evaluate performance vs plan and develop plans to close revenue gaps.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor every day.
Requirements include having a minimum of 10 years full-service hotel experience as a Director of Sales with a high quality branded multi-unit hotel, restaurant, banquet, and catering sales organization with responsibility for multiple outlets.
Possess the qualifications; and provide backup references of having managed the sales effort for full service and/or boutique independent hotels that achieved a superior RevPAR.
Possess Multi brand knowledge of Hilton, Marriott and IHG products and the brand sales tools.
Trained in professional sales process selling techniques and able to coach individuals and teams to be successful.
Must have proven skills in revenue management and a strong understanding of all electronic distribution channels.
Experience with using the Hoteligence and lead sources to provide new account opportunities.
Competent with the execution of the brand RFP Process.
Must have a verifiable record of strong community active involvement.
Must have experience in overseeing the development and presentation of a yearly sales plan as part of the overall business plan, to include the rooms division top line revenue, as well as meeting and catering top line revenue with targets that meet company objectives.
Must be able to provide concrete examples of past performance that exceeded plan objectives.
Must have a working knowledge of SalesPro, Delphi, Windows XP or newer, Work, Excel and Outlook
We offer Competitive Pay, Performance Bonus Program, 401K Program, Health subsidy, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance. Roedel Companies is proud to be part of the “Drug Free Workplace” program with ADP Total Source.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree
Required experience: Director of Sales: 10 years