Courtyard by Marriott, Nashua, NH
Plan and detail the corporate groups contracted by Corporate Sales Manager. Work hand in hand with the client on the planning and execution of their event until they arrive on property. Reports To: Director of Sales and Marketing
We are a company that works by process management, taking a process from the beginning to the end. This position will connect to other team members of other processes listed here: Director of Sales, Sales Coordinator, Sales Manager, Banquet Captains, Hotel and F&B Operation’s teams, Employee Development Director, and our Valued Guests.
- Responsible for the planning and detailing of the larger corporate groups contracted by the corporate sales manager. After contract signed will act as the main point of contact for corporate group customers ensuring the customers’ needs and expectations are communicated accurately to hotel staff allowing them to deliver the highest level of service throughout all phases of their event.
- Work closely with the corporate planners to prepare detailed and accurate Banquet Event Orders & Group Resumes, which act as the main method of communicating customer’s needs and expectations to the hotel operations team.
- Upsell and maximize all revenue opportunities and advocate for the hotel to receive appropriate compensation for customer requests when appropriate. Show creativity in menu suggestions and offer additional opportunities to not only increase hotel catering revenue but also make the event even more successful for the customer.
- Check-in with customers when on the property to make sure we are exceeding their expectations (this position requires working some nights and weekends)
- Conducts formal pre- and post-conference meetings with customers and hotel staff for complicated and high-profile events as appropriate to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
- Participate in customer site inspections alongside Corporate Sales Manager when appropriate and assist with the sales process as necessary.
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience, encourages the same from other associates.
- Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the customer’s experience
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with clients when necessary.
- Processes all business correspondence within acceptable time limits
- Ensures Marriott Reward Meeting Planner points added eligible groups
- Meet or exceed catering revenue targets for the hotel by month and year
Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply, and demand, etc. and knows how to sell against them.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business, technical procedures, company journals, and government regulations. Ability to write reports and procedural manuals. Effectively deliver all required information to managers and coworkers
- Typing skills
- Windows XP or newer, Work, Excel and Outlook
- Working Knowledge and use of Delphi FDC or other Catering Software
The employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds