Hotel General Manager
Be a part of our team to open the new Hilton Garden Inn, Boston-Canton, MA. We are searching for a general manager to lead the hotel as the premier lodging and dining establishment in Norfolk, County. The hotel includes 138 guestrooms and restaurant along with 3500 square feet of Banquet and Meeting space
Purpose of the Position:
To provide the leadership for the hospitality team to maximize the financial performance of the hotel and food and beverage outlets by delivering memorable guest service experiences, an outstanding product offering and supporting a positive work environment for all team members that results in always exceeding our guest’s expectations.
Boston-Canton Hilton Garden Inn, Canton Massachusetts
Roedel Companies, LLC Headquartered in New Hampshire, is an integrated hotel company that manages, develops, and invests in hotels that deliver consistent high performance. We are committed to providing exceptional employment, guest, and investor experience by creating a company culture driven by bright, energetic, passionate people with clear direction and accountability, guided by our Company’s Core Values.
The candidate will contribute to the profitability of the Company by effectively managing the operation of the Hilton Garden Inn, a Full Service Hotel; to assure optimum performance in the following Key Result Areas: Guest Service, First Class Condition, NOI, Asset Protection, Revenue Production, and Employee Development. The candidate must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, exhibit an urgency to get things done and demonstrate outstanding leadership. The General Manager must be able to delegate responsibilities, organize and establish priorities and manage the staff and hotel operations to meet all established performance standards.
- Exceed room revenue, food and beverage revenue, and other revenue outlet targets by month and year-to-date and be the number one RevPAR ranking within the comp set.
- Assist with the development and concur on all plan objectives to meet budgeted top-line revenue for both room revenue, food and beverage, and other revenue outlets.
- Monitor and concur on the sales and marketing programs that result in maximizing the revenue opportunity for all profit centers at the hotel.
- Supervise and manage the performance of all hotel departments to exceed guest expectations for product and service and achieve all profitability objectives of the hotel.
- Lead a cohesive team with unified goals to exceed guest expectations and achieve company performance standards.
- Manage and control all operating expense line items and operating expenditures within the budget.
- Monitor and report monthly on all Key Result Areas and provide the analysis to support the corrective actions to close operational gaps to meet operating objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all brand standard requirements 100% of the time.
- Manage the internal training and monitor the processes to ensure guest service scores and first-class condition ratings are consistently meeting or exceeding our performance standards for all measured categories.
- Manage the development and contribute as part of the team of the annual budget and business planning process for all hotel profit centers.
- Be actively involved in the community in a leadership role.
- Adhere to the company policies and procedures 100% of the time.
- Be the driver with an entrepreneurial spirit that creates engaged hotel operating teams to exceed all operating targets.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor every day.
- Manage the employee development process for the hotel teams and continually coach and develop direct reports to continuously improve performance and identify team members for recognition and advancement.
- Requirements include having a minimum of five years Full-Service Hotel General Manager experience, with a restaurant, catering, and sales organization.
- Must have a solid record of profit and loss responsibility and proof of managing to exceed objectives by line item.
- Must have the analytical ability to identify gaps and create action plans to close loopholes to achieve House Profit/ Flow-Through goals as detailed in the operating budget.
- Verifiable background in food and beverage with retail restaurant outlets and banquet/catering experience
- Thorough knowledge of the regional market, its critical market drivers, assets and challenges, and understanding of the market competitor’s a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows XP or newer, Work, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have a strong record of community active involvement.
- Must have a verifiable background in maintaining a hotel property in first-class condition, overseeing the maintenance department and housekeeping to achieve high operating product standards within budget guidelines.
- Possess the qualifications; and provide backup references of having managed the sales and marketing effort for a full service and or boutique independent hotel that achieved superior Rev Par Performance.
- Knowledge of On-Q PMS and NCR/Aloha POS an absolute plus
- We offer Competitive Pay, Performance Bonus Program, 401K Program, Health subsidy, Life Insurance, and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Roedel Companies is proud to be part of the “Drug-Free Workplace” program.